Thursday, March 24, 2011

This is My Letter to the World

This is My Letter to Tall People

Dear Tall People,
               
I admire you so much. I wish I knew what it was that made you grow so tall. I ‘d sure like some of it in my life. Is it goodness that grew you?
     Tall is beautiful. Short is slower than tall. Short gets ignored. Tall gets heard. Short is stuck in childhood. Tall has grown up and fulfilled childhood dreams.
     If you have any tips for me, I’d love to hear from you!

Curiously yours,
A.


This is My Letter to the Rat Race

Dear Rat Race,
               
      Please slow down! I’m so frustrated with your hustle and bustle. You’re so focused on getting there, you don’t know how to enjoy the trip.
      You bump into me at the mall without excusing yourself or even seeming to care. You’re in such a bad mood at the end of the work week, you crab at me for swiping my debit card the wrong way. What ever happened to “have a nice day”?
When you drive, you’re so busy in your head (or on your phone) and blasting music, you don’t see me crossing. That’s my fault?
So let go of the earphones, the cell phones! Let your dog stop to sniff the bushes and meet and greet others. Follow his example—slow down and smell the roses!

Sincerely,
JB

1 comment:

  1. My letter to short people...
    being tall is a gift not asked for..standing above the crowd can be lonely..I've never minded being a tall girl and woman..but just like a short person I cannot change. I will never know how easy life is when you can walk undetected and exist safely - much closer to mother earth.

    ReplyDelete