Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Colours of Spring


Pink
tastes like sour candies,
smells like bubble gum,
sounds like a sports car’s horn.
Pink feels like sunshine on a balmy day.

Pink says I can’t stop loving you.
Pink says I know what I want.
Pink says I’m ready for a new day.

White
tastes like cultured pearls,
smells like lilacs on a backyard tree,
sounds like a cloud hitting the ground,
feels like wool against my skin on a cool day.
White looks like pavement newly cleaned.
                                             ~by A.



Yellow
tastes like melted butter on popcorn,
smells like a field of daffodils far away,
sounds like a baby shower,
feels like a sunny day.

Blue
smells like a fresh coat of paint
and tastes like cotton candy.
Blue is the calm after a storm.
Blue is my favourite cotton pj’s.
Blue says I’m happy.

White
feels like satin and lace,
and sounds like the soft ringing
of door chimes.
White is a cotton ball,
shaking Michael Jackson’s gloved hand,
footprints in the sand.
White says I’m married.
                                     ~ by JB

3 comments:

  1. Dear Women's Writing Space writers,

    When I need a break, or some inspiration, I visit your site and read some of your work. (Just one or two pieces at a time, to make it last – like a box of Belgian chocolates.) Sometimes your writing makes me smile, and sometimes it brings tears to my eyes (in a good way). Your words touch my heart and remind me that women are wise and amazing. I hope you will keep writing and sharing your work with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink does smell like bubble gum, doesn't it :^) Thanks for these poems, guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following our blog, Mary. Wish you could come visit and knit with us!

    ReplyDelete