1.
Love tastes like a hot cup of coffee.
Love wears satin with lace.
Love is an exercise machine.
Love sounds like church bells softly ringing.
Love is a car taking me to a vacation resort.
Love is a dolphin.
2.
Love tastes like rotten eggs.
Love wears dried, blood-soaked clothes.
Love is a paper shredder.
Love is an explosion.
Love is a tornado.
Love is a car taking me to a dead end road.
Love is a black widow spider.
JB, 2011
Hello JB ~
ReplyDeleteI've found myself coming back to your poem several times to re-read it. Might you give your permission for me to repost this poem in my blog sometime?
It's simple, stark statements create a disorienting tour of the realities of love. Since we often need some disorientation to break our vision free, I think reading your poem can also count as an act of hope.
I will be writing a blog article soon on this very theme of the meaning of the failure of love and believe your poem already conveys a good deal of what I am going to try to convey in that article.
I'll understand, of course, if you do not wish to have it posted elsewhere. But I will also keep my fingers crossed.
:-)
http://jamesmelov.blogspot.com/